Do you know that your customer generates a lot of data during their journey through your sales funnel?
Do you have a data-gathering process in place to take advantage of each data?
And how effectively can you use this data to gain insights into hidden opportunities for growth in your business?
These are some of the questions that I hope to answer in this post.
The Case For Chatbot User Engagement
Customers want to have a great experience with your brand. Therefore, how do you optimize your brand’s touchpoint and online assets in such a way that it increases a customer’s likelihood of engaging with you?
Here’s a quote by Laura Patterson, the president of VisionEdge Marketing that answers this question: “A touch point is any customer dealings or encounter that can influence a customer’s understanding of your product, service, or brand.”
The implication is this, each of these interactions – spanning several social media niches and ecosystems online – shapes a customer’s perception of your business.
For example, out of six thousand people who were surveyed recently, 73% are open to businesses using chatbots to interact with them if it makes life easier.
Similarly, 77% already make use of AI-powered devices, or service than they realize (Source: Pega).
In a related survey conducted in 2018, where more than 1000 U.S. adults aged 18 to 64 were surveyed.
37% of the respondents said they’d use a chatbot to get a quick answer in an emergency. While 64% said the 24-hour service is the best feature of chatbots. (Source: Drift)
The verdict is unequivocal, artificial intelligence chatbots can help you engage and meet your customer’s needs at every point in their journey through your sales funnel.
So What is an AI Chat bot
A chatbot is an intelligent computer program designed to simulate a conversation with a human over the internet.
It integrates into websites, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), applications and helps businesses get closer to their customers.
Additionally, ai bots extend the functionality of your sales and marketing teams beyond normal working hours.
Furthermore, AI-Powered chatbots can also help you spot qualified leads. How is this possible? They do this by sifting through tons of customer sales messages, website visits, various customer interaction with products and customer purchase history. Which it analyzes, gathers actionable insights and passes it across to your sales team.
With an AI-Powered approach, you are able to pull up a customer’s purchasing history, location history, web-search history, social media activity, and content preference.
Benefits of Using an Artificial Intelligence Chat bot
Generally, an ai chatbot can help you in the following ways:
- Give rapid contextual answers to customer queries.
- Predict customer behavior.
- Improve customer engagement.
- Handle simple user transactions.
- Analyze emerging trends in social media activity, and offer real-time business decisions for customer-based product development.
- Chatbots also give you the ability to guide your customer through several touchpoints and offers the opportunity to present a relevant series of professionally delivered content to your customers at the right time, in the right medium and in the right context.
Steps to Consider Before You Build a Bot
- Start small, think big. You can launch your chatbot pilot by focusing on one or two recurring customer pains. For example, simple user queries about your business and/or FAQs are less complicated, and they come with minimal setup risks.
- Write out your ideal conversation. Include the most likely ways a person might go off track and how you’d deal with it.
- Create a conversational flow. This is done by arranging a flowchart of the conversation and its structure.
- Give your Chatbots the same access to customer accounts and histories as your live agents.
- Utilize proper back-end architecture. Chatbots are not ‘complex’, however, their effectiveness lies in its integration with existing CRM systems.
- Create a process which can seamlessly transition onsite customers from chatbots to VA to your human agents without glitches, or a loss of pertinent customer information and context.
- Connect the proper NLP APIs, which uses machine learning to understand what your users are saying, enabling your bots to intuitively respond to user’s most frequently asked questions within context.
How to Build a Chatbot
Formerly, only software developers and individual with strong coding skills could build and deploy a chat bot. But today, all this has changed. So even if you don’t have any experience with codes, you can still take advantage of the multiplicity of advantages that an ai bot can bring to your business.
So, if you aren’t a software developer, the fastest route you can take is to build and deploy your bot over a chatbot development platform.
Chatbot Development Platforms
A chatbot platform (not to be confused with a chatbot publishing platform) is an online environment where chatbots can be deployed to and also interact with users or other platforms.
As you’d have surmised by now, one of the advantages of using a bot development platform is it removes or reduces the need to hire developers from start to finish. Thereby reducing your cost, or halving it considerably.
So for the rest of the post, we are going to look at three examples of non-coding chatbot development platform.
3 Examples of Powerful Non-coding Chatbot Development Platforms
Chatfuel builder platform released in 2015. ChatFuel offers a drag-and-drop interface with features that you can easily use.
So if you just want to create a simple chat bot, then this is the ideal platform for you. It’s ideal for beginners and small businesses who want to create a simple chat bot.
KITT.AI is a startup based in Washington. Owned by Chinese search giant Baidu.
This platform is equipped with semantic parsing, natural language understanding (NLU), and a neural-powered machine learning model.
It is wired with hotword detection, includes easy to use drag-and-drop features that are similar to that of ChatFuel. Supports an array of use cases and can be easily integrated into your web and mobile apps.
It requires no prior coding knowledge before you can begin using it.
Launched by a tech company based in England. FLOW Xo provides you with templates and tools you need to create a versatile chatbot.
Included are features which enable you to build bots with the ability to switch from chat to voice, and voice to chat; in-between chats with customers.
The above list of non-coding platforms is by no means exhaustive. But they are enough to give you insights and develop hands-on-experience.
Finally, data obtained from your ai bot provides you with enough material to consistently create content tailored to your customer’s specific need.
Consequently, a chatbot provides an optimal bridge so that continuous engagement with your customers becomes increasingly possible. Which inadvertently leads to increased customer satisfaction and brand loyalty.
What other benefits can an artificial intelligence bot bring to your business? Please share your thoughts below.